Friday, March 25, 2011

Day One Complete

800 miles from Bellevue, Washington to Ogden, Utah and we made it. Still have a challenging day coming up tomorrow; perhaps the toughest of the trip. ~900 miles across all of Wyoming and most of Nebraska that Google maps says will take 14 hours to drive without stops. Thankfully the two days after that should only be 11 and 9 hours respectfully.

Morale hit a bump when we pulled into the hotel parking lot. I couldn't remember which hotel I booked and we were in front of a really strange hotel-like building with sort of a neon-sign that said "VALUE!!" and "Monthly Rates start at $169!" I was really confused because I didn't think that was the hotel I reserved and I also was having a hard time figuring out where the lobby was at. Todd looked about as cross as I've seen him quite a while because he thought the hotel looked like a dump and I wasn't totally sure that it was the right one anyway.

After a few minutes, we figured out that we were at the wrong hotel (or whatever that place was) and went down the street to our Comfort Suites hotel. Todd apologized for getting upset, but I don't blame him; we both just want to end the day and go to bed.

I'm looking forward to a few things tomorrow:
1. Driving through the Rockies in the morning. Hopefully we didn't miss the great views while driving into Ogden tonight.
2. Playing Pokemon and Swords & Sworcery tomorrow. Today had a lot of great scenery to look at and talk about. I'm thinking Wyoming and Nebraska may not be as compelling.
3. Talking with Todd more.

I probably won't blog tomorrow morning when we get up, so I'll write something later in the day.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, keep up the good work fellas. Keep on your time schedule too, cause if you make it to my house by suppertime on Sunday you will get a home-cooked meal. :-)

    ReplyDelete