Thursday, March 24, 2011

Poor Planning and Lack of Sleep

I'm in the hotel room with Todd in Bellevue, Washington. It's 4:30 am local time, 7:30 am Scott Lewis eastern time and I really should be in bed because I have over 800 miles to cover today that aren't going to get any shorter by me typing in a blog. 800 miles that, according to Google maps, will take around 13 hours to cover without accounting for food, gas, or bathroom breaks.

That's a lot of driving.

The tactical kicker is that we're losing time driving east. We initially stated a goal to get into Ogden, Utah, where our next hotel is located, at 8pm to avoid too much night driving and having some time to unwind before going to bed. The 13+ hour drive sort of sank that plan already, but the time zone change from Pacific to Mountain means that we're going to be losing an hour off the clock each time we cross a time zone. According to our estimations, we'll be getting to the hotel sometime around 11pm if not later. In some sort of cruel symmetry by my lack of planning, we're going to be losing an hour each day of this four day trip. This would be not as worrying if I did not have my flight scheduled from Charlottesville to Baltimore scheduled, so we're losing three hours of real time on our drive.

Oh boy.

I'm going to climb back in bed to try to get some rest before this big day. I honestly don't know how much I'm going to be able to write in this blog. I sense that this will be a serious physical strain to get to our destination each night and I can't see that sharing my feelings will be the top of my list of things to do. I hope that's not the case, but we'll see.

Alright, back to bed. I hope I get some sleep.

-Scott-

No comments:

Post a Comment