Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day Two Complete!

That was rough. 900 miles between Ogden, Utah and Licoln, Nebraska and we covered it in 16 hours. Neither of us has tried to kill the other yet, but Todd threw me another dirty look when we were driving around Lincoln and his fuel light came on; I'd been trying to get to the hotel ASAP before we passed out and didn't want to slow down at all. We have gas now and everything is ok.

Highlights from today:
- Ogden, Utah (and Salt Lake City) is pretty darn beautiful. The whole city being surrounded by the Rocky mountains is breathtaking. I hope I have a chance to visit again.
- A semi that was carrying tons of dog food caught on fire right next to the highway. We didn't get to see it on fire, but we saw the black husk, dozens of dog food bags, and smelled lots of burnt meat. I really hope the driver was ok, because I'd feel horrible for laughing so much if he wasn't.
- Todd's Pokemon slapping all the other Pokemon. We were probably punch-drunk at that point, but I laughed a lot.
- We found a place where iPod FM transmitters work: it's called Wyoming. Too bad they're so fussy and high maintenance near cities.
- Wyoming was nice to drive. I wouldn't say beautiful, but nice rolling hills. Nebraska? Uhhhh, thank goodness the speed limit is 75?

Alright good people, I'm off to bed. Tomorrow will be a great night because we're going to Bloomington, Indiana to stay the night with my brother Eric and his wonderful wife, Kristin. I hope they'll be ok with us showing up bearded and grumpy!

-scott-

p.s. Sincere thank yous to those who have invited us to dinner, to stay the night, and to have lunch with us. If we weren't in such a hurry (so that I don't miss too much work) I wish I could hang out with all of you. It means a whole lot; thank you so much and I'm sorry we weren't able to do any of them.

1 comment:

  1. We are ready for you to be in Indiana. Your brother is making you an off the road treat as we speak. Safe travels today and see you tonight!

    ReplyDelete